Show Your Online Championship Team

Postby Sandman62 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:44 am

IMO Jacobs will surprise this year and still post 800/8, maybe even double-digit TDs. For where we got him in a few leagues, I think he'll be a serviceable bye week replacement.
Sandman62

Postby kens3790 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Our WRs may not be as strong as SOME teams who took WRs w/ their first 3 or 4 picks, but that's because we took a top-10 RB in round2 and another solid starting RB in round 4, whereas you obviously waited until round 5 for your first RB (an approach we often take too, but this was our first try at "wait on a QB").
I have a team very similar to your first team, I just like this one better with the strength at WR & upside RB's. I'll post my team with S. Jackson below.

FWIW, we have our top 3 WRs at 763 combined points this season, and yours at 739.
Your WR projections are wrong ;) Game's not over yet tonight, but Colston is beginning to prove that he is who I thought he was, already.

Given our RBs compared to yours, I'll take that. I think you're underestimating the difference between our SJax/Greene combo vs. your Spiller/Harrison duo, which we have at about an 80-point deficit, or 5 PPG.
Given how off your WR projections are, you may need to also doubt your RB projections

As for our crap shoot flex options... who DOESN'T have a crap shoot there (without having a hole somewhere else)?
I don't. Welker & Williams are BOTH flex options, and even IF Welker isn't 100% right away, Williams is a rock solid flex that will have dependable numbers each week, and serious upside if Brown gets nicked. I don't think you can say that about any of your flex players, you can't count on any of them for reliable, consistent, production, which is what I think is needed from the flex position.

But you admittedly took a risk at QB
Um, we have the same QB :rolleyes: Are you trying to objectively critique my team, as I did yours, or are you just trying to argue?

And you might have a rather large hole at TE compared to most other teams (we have Carlson a good 50 points behind ZMiller, the last of the TE1s/highend TE2s).
I like Miller, but I like Carlson almost as much. He is going to be the #1 receiver on that team. Watch. Again, I would question your tiers/projections. Carlson is no more of a gamble than Miller. Just because Miller is the popular savvy value TE, doesn't mean he is a "high end" TE. That offense will still suck.

As much as I like some of the tactics you used to draft this team... (1) wait on a QB OR TE and stockpile other positions first, (2) wait til rd. 4 or 5 to draft RBs... I think there's a chance to struggle a bit when you COMBINE all of these. Good luck though and thanks again for taking a look at our team.
Thanks. Yes, this team is a home run swing. And I think I connected :cool:

Here's another one of our Onlines, in which we employed the wait on RBs and wait for a TE2 (not TE3 though, like Carlson)

Sandman Online 2
QB - Schaub, Favre
RB - Moreno, Barber, FJones, Washington, Buckhalter, Dwyer, SMorris
WR - Calvin Johnson, Austin, Colston, Holmes, Murphy, Mike Williams (SEA)
TE - Winslow, Carlson

Some definite questions at RB (as expected when you wait), but when Holmes comes off his 4-game suspension, I challenge anyone to match up their 3 WRs and flex against this.
LOVE the QB's. We debated taking Shaub OVER Brady on the team I have listed below. Also like Favre, although I hope you didn't pay too much since you already had Schaub.

Also LOVE Miles Austin.

You didn't list your D or kicker, so I have to assume they were last round flyers.

Again, I don't like Colston as a fantasy PPR WR. Apparently that will be the weak link in all your teams? (And again, you underestimate Carlson. )

I think an already very banged up Moreno & platoon Dallas RB corps is questionable indeed. Much moreso than an electric rookie who will command touches as CJ did last year, despite a (supposed) platoon in TEN, and Harrison, who will play all 3 downs.

As for Holmes, seeing how the Jets are a run-heavy team, and when they do pass there are multiple targets (like the Saints), in my eyes, he is a WR3, AT BEST. He was great with the pass happy Steelers. I think Holmes owners will be disappointed with his activity on the Jets. He will not be a good fantasy PPR WR.

This is not trying to beat up your team, and I'm sure I won't get many people who agree since he is a fantasy darling this year for whatever reason, but people are giving CJ WAY too much love this year. He was a total disappointment last year, and way too risky to count on as a WR1 taken in the first round or early 2nd. Stafford will take a step forward, but he isn't going to suddenly turn into a great QB that gets the most out of CJ.

So yeah, I'll take "sure thing" reliable WR's in pass oriented offenses with quality QB's like R. Moss, Jennings, and S. Smith, with Welker AND Williams at flex over a solid Austin, shaky CJ (IMO), over rated Colston (IMO), over rated Holmes (IMO), and no other solid flex option that I can see.

But my opinion is all it is And yours. We can compare notes on Tuesday.

Here is my team that is more similar to your first team (better of course)

QB-Brady
RB1-S. Jackson
RB2-Addai
WR1-R. Wayne
WR2-H. Ward
WR3-Driver
Flex-Portis/Royal
TE-O. Daniels
K-Rackers
DT-Steelers/Chargers

I think this team is solid, and obviously I think it is (very) OK to shake the dice at TE. It will compete; it just doesn't excite me as much as the first team. The only POTENTIAL weakness is at TE, but living in Houston and having some contacts within the Texans organization, I'm pretty sure Daniels could play just a little bit in the next game or 2 ;)
kens3790

Postby Sandman62 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:20 am

I have neither the time nor desire to banter back and forth every week about all our players across 13 teams. Last night's game was fluky but we'll take Colston leading his team amidst that. It's a long season; probably not wise to draw too many conclusions or break our arms with back pats after one game. :rolleyes: Glad you like your team though. Good luck this year.
Sandman62

Postby tonyg23 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:06 am

qb henne, campbell
rb mjd,charles,mccoy,cadillac,b.scott
wr smith ny, garcon, breaston
wr aromashodu, rice, walters, hartline
te z.miller, heap
k janikowski
def mia
tonyg23

Postby kens3790 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:09 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
I have neither the time nor desire to banter back and forth every week about all our players across 13 teams. Last night's game was fluky but we'll take Colston leading his team amidst that. It's a long season; probably not wise to draw too many conclusions or break our arms with back pats after one game. :rolleyes: Glad you like your team though. Good luck this year.
Wow, ask for banter, then complain you don't have time for it. No wonder most people have neither the time nor the desire to banter about YOUR teams, as you bemoaned just a couple days ago. But now you don't have time. You may have a clue about FFB, but you obviously don't have one about social interaction.

I look forward to seeing if you retain any part of those titles at the bottom of your signature that you are proud enough about to put them in a message board signature :rolleyes: Based on the teams you posted, I say that you don't have a shot in the OC, and if your classic or prime time teams are similar, you don't have shot there, either. (Do you wonder why Colston "fell" to you on multiple teams? Doesn't make you wonder if others who passed on him in multiple leagues are right & you are wrong?)

Have a nice life. I won't fall prey to interacting to future posts from you, as others have apparently already learned...
kens3790

Postby Sandman62 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:26 am

Whatever pal. :rolleyes: Perhaps it's your tone that rubbed me the wrong way. I don't know if we can repeat winning both main events like last year. But even if we don't it doesn't take from the fact that we already DID. Have you done that? If not then you really should refrain from jealously mocking it til maybe you win around here! Adios! :rolleyes:

[ September 10, 2010, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]
Sandman62

Postby Sandman62 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:53 am

I'm sure I'm not alone in using projections. How else do we quantify and compare players? :confused:
Sandman62

Postby Sebadiah23 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:54 pm

What projections did you have for Larry Johnson and Willie Parker that lead you to take them in the 4th and 5th rounds, and what projections did you have to later get christmas presents in Steve Smith and your back-up TE Vernon Davis? If you won last year with projections, I'm Nancy Reagan.
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/
Sebadiah23

Postby Sandman62 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 pm

The only projections for our RBs that we cared about were that we were confident that, because almost ALL successful teams hit on a couple mid-round picks EVERY year, and that if we got lucky there and combined that with two top WRs and a top QB, our RBs wouldn't matter that much, as we'd only need 10-12 PPG from each of them, on average.

Yes, Smith and Davis were our "lucky" mid-round hits in the Classic last year. You conveniently omitted Rodgers, Wayne and Colston though, who along with Smith and Davis covered for our lame RBs. ;)

Look, can we start over here? Just because we disagree on something doesn't make either of us idiots.

I provide projections because that's how WE rank our players. How do YOU do it? Just juggle names around based on how you feel about players?
Sandman62

PreviousNext

Return to NFFC Mock Drafts