Playoff Question..

Postby HOF » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Just want to confirm I read the rules right...

The top two H2H teams in each league move onto the playoffs?

The top H2H team and top pt scoring team of each lg also face off in a tiebreaker for cash?
HOF

Playoff Question..

Postby ronaldesq » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:07 pm

I believe it's the Top H2H and then the top Points that move on.

Basically whoever gets 1st and 2nd based on the payouts are the two teams that move on.
ronaldesq

Playoff Question..

Postby HOF » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:11 pm

thanks for the reply.

Ya my league is crazy. I am second H2H but the points leader is in 5th...lol so im wanting to know how this is officially played out
HOF

Playoff Question..

Postby kapefear » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:29 am

Head to Head, then the top 2 point getters....GOOD LUCK...
kapefear

Playoff Question..

Postby Sandman62 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:59 am

Wow, amazing how different people can interpret the same written rules so differently. :rolleyes:

Online Championship Rules

13. League Structure
Each league will consist of 12 teams competing in a head-to-head plus total points format for the league championship. The NFFC Online Championship will run from Week 1 through Week 13 in a league format, with each team playing every other team once in head-to-head competition plus two weeks of "all play", where the top six scoring teams in the league earn a Win and the lowest six scoring teams in each league earn a Loss. The "All Play" format this year will be held in Weeks 1 and 2. After Week 13, two teams from each league earn a spot in the Championship Round: 1) Best head-to-head record will be determined first and 2) Most total points. Any team outside of the top two in each league that finishes in the top 10 percent of the total number of teams (Top 60 if we finish with 600 total teams) also can earn a Wild Card spot in the Championship Round if they didn't earn a spot through their league finish. All of the teams in the Championship Round will carry their weekly scoring average from the first 13 weeks of the regular season into the Championship Round and add that score to their point totals in Weeks 14, 15 and 16 to produce their playoff scoring total. The team with the most points in the Championship Round wins the $50,000 grand prize.
Sandman62

Playoff Question..

Postby Nata-Boys » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:54 am

Im Actually Quite dissapointed in this league and dont think I'll be recomending it to anyone My League im third overall 10-3 behind a 10-3 and 11-2 now i can understand not getting in to the 10-3 team who outscored me on the year but he doesnt even get in either instead our 5th place team whos record is 7-6 and was beat by both the 10-3 teams gets in because his team went nuts a couple weeks!Im sure you'll fill the league up but im not to sure how i feel about the points leader getting the spot.. "last time i checked in any compatition W's are what count!" Anyway Good Luck TO the Playoff Teams And Please Dont Let the NFC West Take this thing DOwn
Nata-Boys

Playoff Question..

Postby Dyv » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:30 pm

The guy who scored more points than you made the playoffs and you didn't - really, sounds right to me...

[ December 09, 2010, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Dyv ]
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!
Dyv

Playoff Question..

Postby robrakoczy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:38 pm

That is a tough break, but the rules are clearly stated. You didn't finish with the best H2H record or score the most points, so not sure why you think you deserve to make the playoffs.

In one of my leagues, a top 25 overall owner was pinched from the money, but still made the championship round because he was ranked in the top 10%. Is your team top 72 overall? You would then get a playoff bid.

Some of the satellite leagues have a top 3 pay format with 4 teams making the playoffs out of 14. Maybe give those a shot before giving up on the NFFC. I think the top teams are rewarded best here.
robrakoczy

Playoff Question..

Postby Nata-Boys » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:35 pm

Yeah Im Sure Ill Be In it again.."bitter as i Am" even. really i'm Just trying to get a grasp on why this is ran this way because to me its not very logical, and Yes I Understand its written in the rules clearly Just a question

So Dyv
His record Against top 3 in regular season Play was 0-3 but yet he put up a crazy amount of points in 3 weeks so because of that he deserves to beat out the 2nd and 3rd place teams who had 3 more wins and beat him H2H ? I Dont understand that logic at all!
Nata-Boys

Playoff Question..

Postby Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:44 am

Originally posted by Nata-Boys:
Yeah Im Sure Ill Be In it again.."bitter as i Am" even. really i'm Just trying to get a grasp on why this is ran this way because to me its not very logical, and Yes I Understand its written in the rules clearly Just a question

So Dyv
His record Against top 3 in regular season Play was 0-3 but yet he put up a crazy amount of points in 3 weeks so because of that he deserves to beat out the 2nd and 3rd place teams who had 3 more wins and beat him H2H ? I Dont understand that logic at all!
Nata-Boys: We try to reward the best h2h team and the best total points team in this contest and unfortunately second best h2h or third best h2h lose out. In the tie-breakers or third place money finishes we place more emphasis on total points than h2h record because total points really is the best indicator of the best team over 13 full weeks.

Think about it, in the NFL when your team and my team meet we have all of our players on the field. But in fantasy football I could play your team when your best players are on bye. You may beat me that week but over 13 weeks if I outscore you by 100+ points I really think I have the best team. H2H records have a bit of a luck factor in them, but we still want to reward the best h2h team. But total points over 13 weeks is the best indicator of the best teams and that's who we want to reward.

There are a lot of good h2h teams who have emailed me saying they feel they should be in the playoffs, but not everyone can make the playoffs and the one way to make sure you get in is to score the most possible points each and every week. We have Wild Cards to reward those teams that don't get in via h2h or most total points, so keep scoring.

I hope this helps. I feel your pain, but it's tough to make the Championship Round and even tougher to win it all in the NFFC. But I do believe our playoff format is fair, as fair if not more fair than any other contest in this space.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Editor, Fantasy Sports Magazine
Greg Ambrosius

Next

Return to NFFC Mock Drafts