Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby TURBOUGH » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:30 am

Being the points leader could also indicate that a team didn't have many injuries to deal with.
TURBOUGH

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby Raiders » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:16 am

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
Being the points leader could also indicate that a team didn't have many injuries to deal with.
I guess you want my input on this. My first three round draft picks all were lost for the season early. 1.11-Rudi,2.4-Marvin and 3.4 Caddy.

To this I say, three bad picks, not bad luck. I blame the guy drafting these players not the players. So 13 weeks is better, than 3 weeks, let alone one week. Who's to say you won't get injuries in weeks 14th-16th?
Raiders

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby TURBOUGH » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:10 pm

I couldn't agree more Snake. This is a perfect reason why we should have a third place playoff.

If you lose a couple of key players early in the season but get them back after 6-7 weeks then you've probably lost some ground on the points side and because record has little value in this league, your season is all but done.

I wish Greg would at least put this issue to vote. It can't hurt anything at all.
TURBOUGH

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby kapefear » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:51 am

I can honestly say that I was interviewed at N.Y. last year about this question.My arrogence stated on film that "luck" was a small factor and "my"ability to put the perfect team"NO INJURIES" involved would state its case.I lost Steven Jackson,Andre Johnson,Caddilac all in the same week.In turn lost 2 more starters the next week.I had Green bays starting r.b with Tampas starting r.b.'s and couldnt carry 6 total backs between both teams.Therefore I LOST out on Ryan Grant and Earnest Graham.Bad coaching or lack of roster spots?I am now a FIRM believer of the injury bug.I am defianetly looking at a new stategy hoping do BOLSTER my strenght and never have to deal with this FIASCO again....Hope to be HISSING back at the SNAKE this year....
kapefear

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby TURBOUGH » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:05 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
I can honestly say that I was interviewed at N.Y. last year about this question.My arrogence stated on film that "luck" was a small factor and "my"ability to put the perfect team"NO INJURIES" involved would state its case.I lost Steven Jackson,Andre Johnson,Caddilac all in the same week.In turn lost 2 more starters the next week.I had Green bays starting r.b with Tampas starting r.b.'s and couldnt carry 6 total backs between both teams.Therefore I LOST out on Ryan Grant and Earnest Graham.Bad coaching or lack of roster spots?I am now a FIRM believer of the injury bug.I am defianetly looking at a new stategy hoping do BOLSTER my strenght and never have to deal with this FIASCO again....Hope to be HISSING back at the SNAKE this year....
I'm sure after 4-5 weeks, you had lost all hope since you had fallen so far behind in points. We have 14 teams and ONLY 2 playoff positions. I don't get it. Just knowing I could be tied with the best record and get zilch really sucks. I thought it would change this year but I feel there wasn't much consideration.
TURBOUGH

Previous

Return to NFFC Rules Discussion