Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby RiFF » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:18 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Greg must be really busy, for not responding yet...But I'll fill you guys in from what I remember.

This rule for free agents only applied to satellite leagues. No pickups for any live events, before AFTER week 1 games are played.

When the first F/A pickups are done, the week before NFL starts, there will have been one game played already(Thursday, the day BEFORE the first set of satellite F/A pickups...That game's players can be picked up, but not started in week one. That's how Greg worded it...I can't seem to find the thread. The pickups will be done on Friday, like always.

*No extra rounds for DC leagues...Only for leagues with Free agent pickups.

That's all I can remember for now.
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by parnelli:
I am going to get in an early Satellite league.So i was wondering if there will be any waiver pick ups before the season starts????
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, this year we have changed the satellite league rules to put in the first waiver wire pickup BEFORE week 1. We should run FAAB the weekend of Sept. 5th, but if you pick someone up from that Thursday game he's ineligible to start for you that week. That's the only stipulation.

--------------------
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Editor, Fantasy Sports Magazine

RiFF

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby Gordon Gekko » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:06 pm

bump
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?
Gordon Gekko

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby TURBOUGH » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:01 am

It'd be nice if they had teams play for third place instead of just giving it someone. That would allow four teams to have a playoff game but they refuse to do this.
TURBOUGH

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:04 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Greg - Is there a place I (and others) can look for any rule changes from last year? Have there been any? thanks.
Sorry, I didn't see this thread. There were no rules changes to the live events from 2007 to 2008. We did add $250 for each third place league winner, bumping that from $1,000 to $1,250 in the NFFC. But we did not change any of the scoring rules, drafting rules or free agent rules.

I have posted that we need to begin FAAB for satellite leagues before Week 1 and I will adjust that on the rules link. The main event will still have FAAB start AFTER Week 1's games.

Hope this helps.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Greg Ambrosius

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:06 am

Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
Would an additional round or two be added for early DC formats as well?

Main concern for this is probably more of a MDC question since Jules had to add Vick as a "placeholder" when searching for a player who had not been added to their queue yet. I would like to at leat see that fixed somehow as it does not seem right.

On that note, has any formal request been made to MDC to update their player pool, weeding out players such as both Vick's, Tiki, and adding all rookies?
Early DC's will remain 26 rounds. I understand the reason for more rounds, but these satellites need to be consistent for STATS. I'm sure Geoff and the folks at MDC are weeding out the Vick's right now!! :D
Greg Ambrosius

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:08 am

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
It'd be nice if they had teams play for third place instead of just giving it someone. That would allow four teams to have a playoff game but they refuse to do this.
Daryl, at this time I still think a 13-week test is best to reward a third place finisher and $1,250, rather than a three-week sprint in Weeks 14-16 between two teams. The 13 weeks of competition, IMHO, is a better test of who should win what really amounts to next year's NFFC entry fee, rather than that playoff game or three-week battle. Now if there is a groundswell of support against this, we will reconsider for 2009.
Greg Ambrosius

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby pizzatyme » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:16 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:
[b] It'd be nice if they had teams play for third place instead of just giving it someone. That would allow four teams to have a playoff game but they refuse to do this.
Daryl, at this time I still think a 13-week test is best to reward a third place finisher and $1,250, rather than a three-week sprint in Weeks 14-16 between two teams. The 13 weeks of competition, IMHO, is a better test of who should win what really amounts to next year's NFFC entry fee, rather than that playoff game or three-week battle. Now if there is a groundswell of support against this, we will reconsider for 2009. [/b][/QUOTE]Greg, I couldn't agree more, I dominated a satellite last season only to lose in the 1st playoff game, therefore, I got 4th and no money.

13 weeks is better than 1 or 3 weeks IMO.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.
pizzatyme

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby Gordon Gekko » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:36 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:
Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
[b] Greg - Is there a place I (and others) can look for any rule changes from last year? Have there been any? thanks.
Sorry, I didn't see this thread. There were no rules changes to the live events from 2007 to 2008. We did add $250 for each third place league winner, bumping that from $1,000 to $1,250 in the NFFC. But we did not change any of the scoring rules, drafting rules or free agent rules.

I have posted that we need to begin FAAB for satellite leagues before Week 1 and I will adjust that on the rules link. The main event will still have FAAB start AFTER Week 1's games.

Hope this helps. [/b][/QUOTE]thanks greg
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?
Gordon Gekko

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby TURBOUGH » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:45 am

My issue is that if someone ties for the best record, they could end up getting nothing because of points. Is that really fair? I simply believe that 2nd best record should play 2nd best points.

Does no one agree with that?
TURBOUGH

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby KOTRAX » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:15 am

My issue is that if someone ties for the best record, they could end up getting nothing because of points. Is that really fair? I simply believe that 2nd best record should play 2nd best points.

Does no one agree with that?
THAT'S A TOUGH CALL TURBOUGH BECAUSE I CAN SEE BOTH POINTS OF VIEW.

IF YOU TIED FOR BEST RECORD THAT IS A GREAT FEAT HOWEVER DID YOU TIE FOR THAT BEST RECORD BECAUSE THE SCHEDULING GODS HELPED YOU VERSUS YOUR TEAM BEING THAT GOOD.

WITH TOTAL POINTS YOU EARNED THAT AND IT IS TOUGHER TO DEBATE THAN A TEAM GETTING CHEAP VICTORIES BY SCORING 100 PTS EVERY WEEK AND PROBABLY LOST TO MOST OF TEAMS IN YOUR LEAGUE THAT WEEK.

IF YOU TIED FOR BEST RECORD IF YOUR TEAM WAS GOOD THE POINT SHOULD FOLLOW SUIT ANYWAY (AT LEAST IN MOST CASES)
KOTRAX

PreviousNext

Return to NFFC Rules Discussion