Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby pizzatyme » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:22 am

I think it might be fair to consider 3rd place going to the best All-play record that doesn't win 1st or 2nd.

This would be fairest, because then, your total points would win many games in all-play.

Just a thought.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.
pizzatyme

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby TURBOUGH » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:30 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
I think it might be fair to consider 3rd place going to the best All-play record that doesn't win 1st or 2nd.

This would be fairest, because then, your total points would win many games in all-play.

Just a thought.
Not sure how you think that would be fair. I'm sure teams have tied for first, won head to head and got nothing because of points. If this is strictly about points then why bother with head-to-head/records.

This topic isn't an attempt to badger our leagues as they are. I'd just like to see what some of the other participants felt about this.

[ June 23, 2008, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: TURBOUGH ]
TURBOUGH

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby pizzatyme » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:44 am

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
quote:
[b] I think it might be fair to consider 3rd place going to the best All-play record that doesn't win 1st or 2nd.

Just a thought.
Not sure how you think that would be fair. I'm sure teams have tied for first, won head to head and got nothing because of points. If this is strictly about points then why bother with head-to-head/records.

This topic isn't an attempt to badger our leagues as they are. I'd just like to see what some of the other participants felt about this. [/b][/QUOTE]You don't see how pitting your team against all others EVERY week to decide a 3rd place payout is fair?

Too much luck of the draw to pay out 2 W/L-record positions IMO.
pizzatyme

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby KOTRAX » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:09 am

quote:
[b] I think it might be fair to consider 3rd place going to the best All-play record that doesn't win 1st or 2nd.

Just a thought.

This topic isn't an attempt to badger our leagues as they are. I'd just like to see what some of the other participants felt about this. [/b][/QUOTE]HEAD TO HEAD IS THE KEY TO ADD WEEKLY EXCITEMENT TO THE LEAGUE. VERY RARELY DOES A TEAM WITH A STRONG HEAD TO HEAD TEAM GET LEFT OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS.
KOTRAX

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby pizzatyme » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:17 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:
[b]
quote:

Just a thought.

This topic isn't an attempt to badger our leagues as they are. I'd just like to see what some of the other participants felt about this. [/b][/QUOTE]HEAD TO HEAD IS THE KEY TO ADD WEEKLY EXCITEMENT TO THE LEAGUE. VERY RARELY DOES A TEAM WITH A STRONG HEAD TO HEAD TEAM GET LEFT OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS. [/b][/QUOTE]With that in mind, all-play h2h is even more exciting! I'd love for this to be factored in the playoffs/payouts.

It rewards teams that draft and manage well.

Imagine going 13-0 the first 3 weeks after having a nice draft! That is exciting!!! :D
pizzatyme

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby KOTRAX » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:31 am

THE ALL IN PLAY IS ALWAYS FUN TO ADD EXCITMENT. I LIKE THE FACT IT IS IMPLEMENTED IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS OF THE 12 TEAM MAIN EVENT.

IT WILL DEFINITELY ADD FUN.
KOTRAX

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby BillyWaz » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:37 am

quote:
[b]
quote:
[b]
quote:

Just a thought.

This topic isn't an attempt to badger our leagues as they are. I'd just like to see what some of the other participants felt about this. [/b][/QUOTE]HEAD TO HEAD IS THE KEY TO ADD WEEKLY EXCITEMENT TO THE LEAGUE. VERY RARELY DOES A TEAM WITH A STRONG HEAD TO HEAD TEAM GET LEFT OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS. [/b][/QUOTE]With that in mind, all-play h2h is even more exciting! I'd love for this to be factored in the playoffs/payouts.

Imagine going 13-0 the first 3 weeks after having a nice draft! That is exciting!!! :D [/b][/QUOTE]While I have grown to like H2H more, total points is still (and always will be) the best barometer of success.

Whenever Portis' rookie year was, I drafted a team in a 12 team league that outscored everyone else in the 14 week regular season by over 175 points. My record.....

8-6! :mad:

In four of my losses I was the SECOND highest scoring team that week, one I was the 3rd highest, and my other loss I was in the lower 1/2 of scoring that week.

Luckily I "snuck in" the playoffs as a wild card and won the league, but ever since then H2H will ALWAYS frustrate me to some extent. ;)
BillyWaz

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby BillyWaz » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:38 am

THE ALL IN PLAY IS ALWAYS FUN TO ADD EXCITMENT. I LIKE THE FACT IT IS IMPLEMENTED IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS OF THE 12 TEAM MAIN EVENT.

IT WILL DEFINITELY ADD FUN.
Agreed, I definitely like that better than playing two "random teams", as that would cause A LOT of problems ("I had to play this guy twice, and he only had to play him once...")

Looking forward to that fun filled weekend in Vegas! :D
BillyWaz

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby KOTRAX » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:42 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:
[b]
quote:
[b]
quote:
[b]
quote:

Just a thought.

Imagine going 13-0 the first 3 weeks after having a nice draft! That is exciting!!! :D [/b][/QUOTE]While I have grown to like H2H more, total points is still (and always will be) the best barometer of success.

Whenever Portis' rookie year was, I drafted a team in a 12 team league that outscored everyone else in the 14 week regular season by over 175 points. My record.....

8-6! :mad:

In four of my losses I was the SECOND highest scoring team that week, one I was the 3rd highest, and my other loss I was in the lower 1/2 of scoring that week.

Luckily I "snuck in" the playoffs as a wild card and won the league, but ever since then H2H will ALWAYS frustrate me to some extent. ;) [/b][/QUOTE]YOU ARE RIGHT THERE BILLY TOTAL POINTS DOES DETERMINE THE BETTER TEAM BUT AT THE SAME TIME IT IS LIKE WATCHING PAINT DRY UNTIL WEEK 15.

SO BOTH HAVE THEIR PROS AND CONS. OVERALL I LIKE HEAD TO HEAD PLAY SO I CAN LOOK FORWARD TO MY MATCHUPS EVERY WEEK.
KOTRAX

Rule Changes from 2007?

Postby pizzatyme » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:16 am

Am I confused or doesn't All-play strike an even combination of total points and H2H?

I mean if you're the total points leader, it stands to reason your H2H record will reflect that.
This rewards you if your team is 2nd or 3rd high scorer in a week as you'd be 12-1 or 11-2 respectively for that week.
pizzatyme

PreviousNext

Return to NFFC Rules Discussion