NFFC/NBC RULES VS WCOFF & FFPC

Postby kjduke » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:38 am

Originally posted by bill:
... OR live life to the fullest

and gamble on the games and enter NBC and enter NFFC AND go to Brazil

I need to stop being so damn conservative. I am 50 now and will probably wind up dying with plenty of money I never got around to enjoying unless I change my style!!
You just answered your own question. :cool:
kjduke

Postby CC's Desperados » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:42 am

Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
quote:
Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
[b] I also agree about Defenses. More Fantasy points should be awarded for lower points allowed.

Kickers, on the other hand, are a total crap shoot. Increasing their value increases the luck factor, and would therefore cheapen the contest.
I disagree. I think they are an afterthought and therefore cheapen the contest anyway. Atleast make them more valuable, so they come into play in the draft strategy.

Even TK said, he just waits and grabs whatever is left for K (paraphrasing). [/b][/QUOTE]When I ran my home leagues, I used:

1 point for extra points
3 points for 1-39 yards
5 points for 40-49 yards
10 points for 50-54 yards
15 points for 55/56 yards

For every two yards beyond 56, you received another point.

It was a 16 team league. Kickers with big legs had value on draft day. On Sundays a bomb kick was worth a lot of points....it didn't happen often, but it was exciting.
CC's Desperados

Postby CC's Desperados » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:43 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:
Originally posted by bill:
[b] ... OR live life to the fullest

and gamble on the games and enter NBC and enter NFFC AND go to Brazil

I need to stop being so damn conservative. I am 50 now and will probably wind up dying with plenty of money I never got around to enjoying unless I change my style!!
You just answered your own question. :cool: [/b][/QUOTE]Keep him away from the Fisher party.....he might want to go through the drive thru!!
CC's Desperados

Postby Shrink Attack » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:44 am

I can tell you one thing, bill. If you only sign up for one contest, you'll regret it. After you experience the thrill of a high-stakes live draft, you'll wish like hell you had signed up for both.

Plus, you throw away the chance for the $1,000,000 bonus. How many trips to Brazil can you make with that, my friend?
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven
Shrink Attack

Postby Diesel » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:00 pm

Touching base back on defenses...When I used to have my yearly meeting of the fantasy minds, back in the day when I was commish of my fantasy league, the defensive scoring would ALWAYS come up. My argument on higher scoring for better defenses has always been mathmatical. We use scoring for the entire team defense. 11 players. When people argue why Chicago's defense scored 18 points, I tell them to do the math. 11 guys. Hester returning a punt for a TD...Urlacher sacking the QB for a fumble and returning it for a TD...And a collective strong effort from 9 other guys who stifled the opposing team all day.

Unfortunately for me, my argument eventually led to some players demanding IDP's...Which I loathe...lol...
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."
Diesel

Postby bill » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:01 pm

Diesel,
I came into the fantasy world about 3 years ago pretty naive with no past experience. It made perfect since to me that a D could score as much as a good QB or RB performance. I became commish of two leagues and set the D scoring up so points against and yards against are very important. At first, some of the guys who had played fantasy for a long time were complaining. But now, everyone seems ok with the idea that a D can score 25 to 35 points with a great performance just like a QB, RB or WR. Just seems to me that many veterans of fantasy football are not comfortable with the idea of a D scoring as much as great game by a QB, WR or RB.
bill

Postby pizzatyme » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:18 pm

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
quote:
Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
[b]
quote:
Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
[b] I also agree about Defenses. More Fantasy points should be awarded for lower points allowed.

Kickers, on the other hand, are a total crap shoot. Increasing their value increases the luck factor, and would therefore cheapen the contest.
I disagree. I think they are an afterthought and therefore cheapen the contest anyway. Atleast make them more valuable, so they come into play in the draft strategy.

Even TK said, he just waits and grabs whatever is left for K (paraphrasing). [/b][/QUOTE]When I ran my home leagues, I used:

1 point for extra points
3 points for 1-39 yards
5 points for 40-49 yards
10 points for 50-54 yards
15 points for 55/56 yards

For every two yards beyond 56, you received another point.

It was a 16 team league. Kickers with big legs had value on draft day. On Sundays a bomb kick was worth a lot of points....it didn't happen often, but it was exciting. [/b][/QUOTE]I'd be down with that!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.
pizzatyme

Previous

Return to NFFC Rules Discussion