Expand playoff rosters

Postby Route Collectors » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:48 am

Bump
Route Collectors

Expand playoff rosters

Postby Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Is anyone else going to weigh in on this or have all the regulars gone on vacation?

Greg...where did you go....thought we were discussing this topic.
Jeff, I'm allowing the members to voice their opinions on this. You don't need me to add anymore thoughts. Through the years this idea hasn't gotten a lot of feedback outside of you and GG, but I'm on the sidelines watching and will discuss for 2009 when all the feedback is in.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Editor, Fantasy Sports Magazine
Greg Ambrosius

Expand playoff rosters

Postby Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:53 am

Originally posted by Rob B:
IMHO, I would expand the NFFC rosters to 20 from the start.

I get the fact that MORE players will be pulled from the pool making FA less important....blah - blah - blah.

My answer to that is we currently draft 20 players in the 12 team NBC Primetime leagues and I think 12 team leagues are easier to draft/manage than 14. If one of these challenges needs larger rosters, it is the 14 team leagues.

I think that team depth for 14 team leagues is more important than a slightly deeper FA pool, especially when forking up this much cash.

Just my 6c (inflation).
There has been discussion in the past to increase the rosters from the start to 19 since 3RR now ends it better that way. Maybe that's the happy medium to solve what Jeff is pushing for. Will it dilute the free agent pool in each league or will most teams just add a second TE, K or D??
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Greg Ambrosius

Expand playoff rosters

Postby TURBOUGH » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:01 am

19 rounds sound good since 3RR is in place. I'm good either way. Roster expansions are always an option but adding 1 roster spot maybe good enough
TURBOUGH

Expand playoff rosters

Postby Route Collectors » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:44 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:
Originally posted by Route C:
[b] Is anyone else going to weigh in on this or have all the regulars gone on vacation?

Greg...where did you go....thought we were discussing this topic.
Jeff, I'm allowing the members to voice their opinions on this. You don't need me to add anymore thoughts. Through the years this idea hasn't gotten a lot of feedback outside of you and GG, but I'm on the sidelines watching and will discuss for 2009 when all the feedback is in. [/b][/QUOTE]I understand that. I was referring to the questions I asked about the software. Thought you would know.

Also...this could be a timing issue as well with input from other members. The boards aren't as lively now as they have been at other times.

It's funny that so many who complain that we don't keep the discussion to football....only seem to show up during the disputes to voice their opinions. :(

[ November 11, 2008, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Route C ]
Route Collectors

Expand playoff rosters

Postby Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:54 am

No, it's not a software issue Jeff. It's a fairness factor where everyone should have the same amount of players heading into the Championship Round and the Consolation Round. That's why it seems tough to tell everyone they get two more players in Week's 13 FAAB. You KNOW not everyone would get the message, understand the message or do the right thing.

Starting with bigger rosters in Week 1 seems to make more sense, but I'm not sure everyone wants that. But I'll step aside and see what the masses say.
Greg Ambrosius

Expand playoff rosters

Postby King of Queens » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:56 am

I like the idea of expanding the rosters for the playoffs, but not for the regular season. 280 players out of the pool during bye weeks is too much for my taste. As a compromise, maybe we could make the roster expansion start in Week 11, or after the bye weeks are complete.
King of Queens

Expand playoff rosters

Postby Route Collectors » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:08 am

No, it's not a software issue Jeff. It's a fairness factor where everyone should have the same amount of players heading into the Championship Round and the Consolation Round. That's why it seems tough to tell everyone they get two more players in Week's 13 FAAB. You KNOW not everyone would get the message, understand the message or do the right thing.

Starting with bigger rosters in Week 1 seems to make more sense, but I'm not sure everyone wants that. But I'll step aside and see what the masses say.
I don't understand your point...honestly. I'm talking the 2009 season. If we add 2 spots during week 13 F/A bids..how is that unfair to anyone. Doesn't everyone have the ability to adapt their strategy to fit this rule change?

Owners have adjusted to KDS..3RR. This to me seems much easier to understand than either of those things.

I made valid points earlier about rosters that still have players that are on IR. Are we discussing roster size in general or available options because they aren't one in the same.

Help me understand your concerns because I'm not following you on this one.
Route Collectors

Expand playoff rosters

Postby Sound Advice » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:29 am

Maybe that's the happy medium to solve what Jeff is pushing for. Will it dilute the free agent pool in each league or will most teams just add a second TE, K or D??
I proposed 19 rounds last year to go with the 3RR.
You have to figure it this way:
2qb,3rb,3wr,2te,2def,2k. (14 players) That is a good estimate.
That will not help the waivers if you have been following them.
Double that and waivers would be dead.

18 makes managing during the bye weeks a real pain. But that is part of the fun.
Waivers are important.
18 is fine with me.
20? No way.
Sound Advice

Expand playoff rosters

Postby Route Collectors » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:44 am

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
quote:
[b] Maybe that's the happy medium to solve what Jeff is pushing for. Will it dilute the free agent pool in each league or will most teams just add a second TE, K or D??
I proposed 19 rounds last year to go with the 3RR.
You have to figure it this way:
2qb,3rb,3wr,2te,2def,2k. (14 players) That is a good estimate.
That will not help the waivers if you have been following them.
Double that and waivers would be dead.

18 makes managing during the bye weeks a real pain. But that is part of the fun.
Waivers are important.
18 is fine with me.
20? No way. [/b][/QUOTE]Dennis..what is your opinion of expanding rosters by 2 spots prior to the fantasy playoffs?
I'm not even advocating expanding rosters before that.

I keep thinking...all of those players left in the F/A pool after week 13 aren't doing anyone any good. The next question that always follows is why?
Route Collectors

PreviousNext

Return to NFFC Rules Discussion