Can we ever get our draft spots early?

Postby mikeybok » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:29 am

I agree ... get them just before the start of the draft. When your name is picked ... you pick your spot (KDS) ... then the draft starts. Sweet!
Hakuna Matata!
mikeybok

Postby Sabretooth » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:59 am

Ok is anybody here on my side boy? I started the post because I was interested in getting them a lot earlier. It seems most here don't agree. Actually everybody disagree's so far. Come on don't leave me hangin..LOL somebody step up here and say they would like to get there draft spots a month ahead of time....pppllleeeeaaasssee:)
Sabretooth

Postby King of Queens » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:07 pm

Originally posted by Sabretooth:
Ok is anybody here on my side boy? I started the post because I was interested in getting them a lot earlier. It seems most here don't agree. Actually everybody disagree's so far. Come on don't leave me hangin..LOL somebody step up here....pppllleeeeaaasssee:)
I'd love to get my draft slots early. 5:30am would be terrific.
King of Queens

Postby TOMDOG » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:53 pm

Ok is anybody here on my side boy? I started the post because I was interested in getting them a lot earlier. It seems most here don't agree. Actually everybody disagree's so far. Come on don't leave me hangin..LOL somebody step up here and say they would like to get there draft spots a month ahead of time....pppllleeeeaaasssee:)
I am with you Sabretooth.
I would prefer to have mine right now.
The earlier the better.

For people who dont show up at the draft on time,give em kickers until they show up.(But you better put that part in the rules ahead of time,might upset some folks). :D
TOMDOG

Postby Sabretooth » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:45 pm

Thanks Tomdog glad to see I get a little support on this topic:) Don't give them any idea's or we'll be walking into the draft pulling numbers out of a hat...LOL
Sabretooth

Postby Raiders » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:09 am

Thanks Tomdog glad to see I get a little support on this topic:) Don't give them any idea's or we'll be walking into the draft pulling numbers out of a hat...LOL
I can see it now, 2010 draft day. Chris walks into the room wondering what draft spot he will have. Tom says you have the 8th spot, so please take your seat. Chris looks at Tom and says ' Tom I have not practiced from the 8th spot'. :eek: :D :D

John
Raiders

Postby Team Canada » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:51 am

Draft spots the day of would be even more of a thrill and would reward the better drafters, I would jump aboard with a yes vote!
Then go with total points and no h2h and the world would be perfect....
2008 double playoffs!!
Team Canada

Postby Sound Advice » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:45 am

I'd like everyone to get them the day after.
That would be a hoot.

I'd rather get them the last second.
If you aren't prepared to draft out of every position by then, you aren't prepared.

Of course it would be much easier if you had them earlier.
But there are Yahoo leagues if you want easy.
Sound Advice

Postby Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:34 am

Does anybody know if it is possible to get our draft numbers early in the future. I know they do this in some other leagues. I am not sure how it works out that they do. Myself being a huge strategist, I would love to be able to get my draft spot a month or so ahead of time. Thoughts?...

Chris
I'd say this is the beauty of having so many different contests with so many different formats. Each presents different ways to prepare for Draft Day.

It's obvious that those who compete in the WCOFF enjoy getting their draft spots early as two-thirds of their signups are in by the early deadline. I think they are announcing draft slots on July 15th for those early-birds, giving folks almost two full months to prepare. Those folks love that and that's cool.

Since we use KDS/3RR to determine draft spots, we can't possibly give out draft spots early. We need to wait until all leagues are sold out because we randomly select the leagues and then run KDS after the leagues are formed. We need to sell out first before knowing what picks your KDS will give you.

We've done our best the last few years to give you at least 6-7 days in advance to know your draft spots and I trust we'll do that again this year. For some folks, it's not ideal. For others, it's plenty of time. Personally, I think any good player will be prepared with a week's advance notice of their draft slots.

Because we do KDS/3RR, we can't have early-bird draft slot announcements. But I think it's worth it to get a more preferred draft slot. And because the other contests need to announce early-bird draft slots, they can't ever do KDS/3RR. So I like the unique aspect we have here in the NFFC, while I'm sure they're happy to get more early-bird signups.

Now, Chris, if we can fill up that Chicago Draft Champions League soon, I'll have no problem running the credit cards by Aug. 1st and getting out draft slots a full month in advance. That should make you feel better, right? ;) Let's fill up those last spots and get that one rolling.

As for ever hosting a main event and picking draft slots right at the site on the day of the draft, I think the only way that will happen is if TV buys us out and wants that for the thrill of the telecast. :D Then I'm all for it!!! But until then, I think the majority of folks want some advance notice of their draft slots and we'll continue with the way we do things here.

In Las Vegas on Saturday night, we can host Sit 'N Go drafts and pick the spots right there and have folks sit in their preferred slots. I'm all for that if anyone wants to do some smaller live satellite leagues.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Editor, Fantasy Sports Magazine
Greg Ambrosius

Postby Sabretooth » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:27 pm

I see your point Greg. Once you point out the fact that KDS makes it impossible to get our numbers early. But I do like the idea of feeling up that DC and getting those after Aug 1st:)
Sabretooth

PreviousNext

Return to NFFC Rules Discussion