Individual Players Kick/Punt Return Fumbles

Postby eliasond » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm

I know we've beat the issue to death about whether or not to give the individual player 6 pts for a return TD in addition to the def/ST (which I'm still in favor of by the way).

But here's a little side topic. How come the individual player gets penalized 1 pt for losing a fumble on a kick return if they cannot get 6 pts for a TD? Seems like a double-penalty to me. They should either be subject to both or neither.

It happened to Sproles yesterday, and several others over the course of the season.
Daren E
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion
2014 Cutline 12th Overall
eliasond

Postby Money » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Originally posted by Daren E:
I know we've beat the issue to death about whether or not to give the individual player 6 pts for a return TD in addition to the def/ST (which I'm still in favor of by the way).

But here's a little side topic. How come the individual player gets penalized 1 pt for losing a fumble on a kick return if they cannot get 6 pts for a TD? Seems like a double-penalty to me. They should either be subject to both or neither.

It happened to Sproles yesterday, and several others over the course of the season.
It's my understanding that Fanball manually credits back the one point on the fumbles.
Joe
Money

Postby eliasond » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:24 pm

If they credit it back, that's great, I wasn't aware of that. Sproles still has a minus 1 though for Sunday, and I'm pretty sure that was on a kick return. Daren.
Daren E
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion
2014 Cutline 12th Overall
eliasond

Postby Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:29 am

We'll look into that and get it fixed Daren. That is a result of the way the stat feed is sent to us. We then reverse that so the player is not issued a deduction for the special teams fumble.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich
Tom Kessenich

Return to NFFC Rules Discussion