Playoff Handicap???????

Postby Route Collectors » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:34 am

Greg

Last year we discussed the current playoff handicapping. We talked about a couple of possibilities.

1) Give every playoff team 1 1/2 times their average weekly scoring to start the playoffs instead of just the average.

2) Paying out a prize to the overall points leader after 13 weeks. (I'll add in that we wouldn't handicap the playoffs at all as well)

What is the possibility of making changes in this area in the future? Is it dependant on sign-ups?

If you remember we were discussing the relatively small advantage the top team enjoys with the current handicapping. I believe you expressed a desire to reward the regular season points champ but the funds weren't quite available. Is this correct?

Anyway I'm just bringing this up for clarification as we move forward growing the NFFC. Thanks.

Jeff
Route Collectors

Playoff Handicap???????

Postby Route Collectors » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:35 am

Bump
Route Collectors

Playoff Handicap???????

Postby BillyWaz » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:36 am

Check your e-mail RC. Looks like we will be squaring off this week!
BillyWaz

Playoff Handicap???????

Postby Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:25 am

Sorry I missed this Jeff. Yes, last year I talked about awarding the regular season scoring average times two and many owners objected to that. Then we talked about 1.5 times and there was still some opposition, so I left it as each team's weekly scoring average. Maybe it's time to bring up that subject again. Thanks.

2) Let's see if we can take care of our regular season scoring champ. Maybe Mitchell & Ness has something for Josh.

It's not about the funds. I just felt the season wasn't over after 13 weeks to award a monetary prize. But it's a good point and we'll put something in stone for the future.

Start a new thread in General Discussion on the merits of awarding more from the regular season. I'd be interested in the feedback.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Editor, Fantasy Sports Magazine
Greg Ambrosius

Playoff Handicap???????

Postby Dabigu » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:15 am

I think it is a good idea to award the regular season points champion, maybe it's $5K. I also think the playoffs should start all even, if you award the points champion, then they already get something for their accomplishments. There should not be an advantage going into the playoffs, they should all start out even and may the best team win
Some Assembly Required
Dabigu

Return to Commissioner Questions