NY-Chicago Grudge Match

Postby TamuScarecrow » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:27 am

Greg, it was my understanding FA's will be available up to Week 16 in this league. Please verify this as there may be some thinking this is the last week for FA's in this league.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ
TamuScarecrow
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:00 pm

NY-Chicago Grudge Match

Postby GOD Loves You » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:23 pm

Rick, all of the midseason leagues have FA pickups through week 16 as you understood.

It took me a long time this morning to find this on a thread a few months ago

Just an FYI for everyone in a mid-season league, our FAAB will run through Week 16. We just wanted to let everyone know since there were some questions about that.

--------------------
Tom Kessenich

Hope you didnt blow all of your funds this week as you may need them later.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL
GOD Loves You
 
Posts: 2285
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:00 pm

NY-Chicago Grudge Match

Postby BillyWaz » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:53 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
Rick, all of the midseason leagues have FA pickups through week 16 as you understood.

It took me a long time this morning to find this on a thread a few months ago

Just an FYI for everyone in a mid-season league, our FAAB will run through Week 16. We just wanted to let everyone know since there were some questions about that.

--------------------
Tom Kessenich

Hope you didnt blow all of your funds this week as you may need them later.
WHAT????? :confused: :confused:

I e-,mailed Greg this week, and he said ALL leagues were done this week.

Scarecrow also e-mailed Greg, and he said the same thing.
BillyWaz
 
Posts: 10877
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:00 pm

NY-Chicago Grudge Match

Postby BillyWaz » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:11 pm

THis was an e-mail sent to Greg by RC on 11/30;

Originally posted by Route C:
Greg
I'm assuming this is true for all satelite leagues that play through week 16 as well. Let us know if it is different.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is true for all of the satellite leagues. I realize that we are playing for total points in the $100 winner-take-all satellite leagues, but since we didn't announce any later deadline previously, we should stick with the same format as every other NFFC league and end FAAB this week. What you have in that satellite league after Week 13 is what you will have for the last three weeks of the season in all NFFC leagues.

Good question and it's something maybe I'll change just in that winner-take-all format where only Total Points matter. My bad for this year.

--------------------
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Editor, Fantasy Sports Magazine
BillyWaz
 
Posts: 10877
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:00 pm

NY-Chicago Grudge Match

Postby GOD Loves You » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:20 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
THis was an e-mail sent to Greg by RC on 11/30;

Originally posted by Route C:
Greg
I'm assuming this is true for all satelite leagues that play through week 16 as well. Let us know if it is different.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is true for all of the satellite leagues. I realize that we are playing for total points in the $100 winner-take-all satellite leagues, but since we didn't announce any later deadline previously, we should stick with the same format as every other NFFC league and end FAAB this week. What you have in that satellite league after Week 13 is what you will have for the last three weeks of the season in all NFFC leagues.

Good question and it's something maybe I'll change just in that winner-take-all format where only Total Points matter. My bad for this year.

--------------------
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Editor, Fantasy Sports Magazine
Aren't the "satellite" leagues different than the midseason?

I distinctly remember during our draft someone asking if the FA bidding went through week 16 and Tom gave a "YES" reply.

I posted a message on our midseason MB asking if free agents went through week 16 and a person in our league said no......I knew I wasn't mistaken as I wouldn't assume something like this....So I spent 30++++ minutes looking for it this morning.....

If you look under "General NFFC Discussion" topics for the last 75 days.....Page #3....Posted by Tom, October 1st...Titled "FAAB For Mid-Season Leagues"....I think that should answer anyones question regarding the "midseason leagues"

Hope all in those midseason leagues didnt blow all of their money today as this is CLEARLY written in black and white....Hope this helps
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL
GOD Loves You
 
Posts: 2285
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:00 pm

NY-Chicago Grudge Match

Postby King of Queens » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:54 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
quote:
Originally posted by BillyWaz:
[b] THis was an e-mail sent to Greg by RC on 11/30;

Originally posted by Route C:
Greg
I'm assuming this is true for all satelite leagues that play through week 16 as well. Let us know if it is different.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is true for all of the satellite leagues. I realize that we are playing for total points in the $100 winner-take-all satellite leagues, but since we didn't announce any later deadline previously, we should stick with the same format as every other NFFC league and end FAAB this week. What you have in that satellite league after Week 13 is what you will have for the last three weeks of the season in all NFFC leagues.

Good question and it's something maybe I'll change just in that winner-take-all format where only Total Points matter. My bad for this year.

--------------------
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Editor, Fantasy Sports Magazine
Aren't the "satellite" leagues different than the midseason?

I distinctly remember during our draft someone asking if the FA bidding went through week 16 and Tom gave a "YES" reply.

I posted a message on our midseason MB asking if free agents went through week 16 and a person in our league said no......I knew I wasn't mistaken as I wouldn't assume something like this....So I spent 30++++ minutes looking for it this morning.....

If you look under "General NFFC Discussion" topics for the last 75 days.....Page #3....Posted by Tom, October 1st...Titled "FAAB For Mid-Season Leagues"....I think that should answer anyones question regarding the "midseason leagues"

Hope all in those midseason leagues didnt blow all of their money today as this is CLEARLY written in black and white....Hope this helps [/b][/QUOTE]Uh oh...
King of Queens
 
Posts: 5235
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:00 pm

NY-Chicago Grudge Match

Postby Diesel » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:29 am

I have no QB for the rest of the year in this league, so if the FA bidding goes to week 16, I can pick up ALEX SMITH. woo hoo. But any QB would be better than none.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."
User avatar
Diesel
 
Posts: 5981
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:00 pm

NY-Chicago Grudge Match

Postby King of Queens » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:25 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
I have no QB for the rest of the year in this league, so if the FA bidding goes to week 16, I can pick up ALEX SMITH. woo hoo. But any QB would be better than none.
You're right -- even Cody Pickett scored 1.9 points against the Bears in Week 10. That was the week where his line was:

1 completion
28 yards passing
0 touchdowns
1 interception
15 yards rushing

Can't get much worse than that!
King of Queens
 
Posts: 5235
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:00 pm

NY-Chicago Grudge Match

Postby Diesel » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:34 am

KoQ, we're going to have to go "Gangs of NY" old school style and all get together for next year's ny chic draft. We'll all meet up at an internet cafe. This way we can all work collectively. And every Thursday night, I'll buy the beers at Yer Old Man's Irish Pub (cooper's), and we'll all talk about which free agents to pick up...lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."
User avatar
Diesel
 
Posts: 5981
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:00 pm

NY-Chicago Grudge Match

Postby King of Queens » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:51 am

Sounds good. We'll call ourselves the Dead Rabbits.
King of Queens
 
Posts: 5235
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:00 pm

Next

Return to Commissioner Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron