Primetime Discussion

Darren Fecich Is Week 13 Primetime Winner

Postby Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:25 am

Congratulations to Darren Fecich whose Golden Tornado team in Chicago League 3 topped the Primetime field last week with 201.55 points.

Big weeks from Chad Ochocinco (28.7 points), Jermichael Finley (26.9), Wes Welker (26.7) and Miles Austin (26.4) led the way.

For finishing first last week, Darren wins a Peyton Manning Autographed Indianapolis Colts Mini Helmet from Buzzserports.com. Buzzserports is shaking up the Sports Memorabilia Market one item at a time. Find the guaranteed best deals on Sports Memorabilia items at Buzzersports.com.

Congratulations again to Darren and good luck to everyone in the Primetime this week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich
Tom Kessenich

Darren Fecich Is Week 13 Primetime Winner

Postby Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:37 am

When he left his draft, Darren Fecich had a good feeling about his team in the NFFC Primetime event. In that regard, Fecich was no different than every other owner in the event. After all, doesn't everyone feel good about their team on Draft Day?

Few teams, though, dominate a national event during the regular season and position themselves strongly to win the title. That's what Fecich's team has done and last week, no team in the Primetime set themselves up for a playoff run any better.

Big weeks from Chad Ochocinco (28.7 points), Jermichael Finley (26.9), Wes Welker (26.7) and Miles Austin (26.4) led the way as Fecich's Golden Tornado team in Chicago League 3 topped the Primetime field with 201.55 points.

Fecich finished the Primetime's regular season sitting atop the event standings. That means he's only three weeks away from possibly cashing the $40,000 grand prize.

"I really liked this team coming out of the draft and thought it would be competitive," Fecich said. "This has been a very fun year."

The keys on Draft Day for Fecich were landing the two players he targeted most and then waiting for value at quarterback and tight end. He was able to accomplish both of those goals.

"My targeted players were Ray Rice and Percy Harvin and I got them both at fair draft value," he said. "I wanted to wait at quarterback and tight end and get good value and that worked out as I got Ben Roethlisberger, Brett Favre and Brent Celek.

"Cedric Benson was a pleasant surprise at the flex position and the FAAB additions of Mario Manningham and Miles Austin provided for some above average depth during the bye weeks."

Things are going to heat up now for Fecich. Although he sits atop the Primetime event after 13 weeks, it's a three-week, total points sprint to the finish line. He is one of 50 teams with his eyes set on the $40,000 grand prize. And with such a short window of work, anything can happen to either derail a championship run or propel a team to the overall title.

In order to win the big prize, he'll need to make more astute lineup decisions such as two critical moves that paid big dividends in Week 13.

"I was actually leaning toward playing Cedric Benson and Brent Celek last week but switched to Percy Harvin and Jermichael Finley at the last minute," Fecich said. "It was a solid team effort."

The 34-year-old Fecich lives in Beaver Falls, PA and is a chemistry teacher and athletic administrator at Blackhawk High School.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich
Tom Kessenich

Return to Primetime Discussion