Primetime Discussion

Bill Strickler Is Week 14 Primetime Winner

Postby Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:14 am

Congratulations to Bill Strickler who took the top spot in the Primetime event last week with 213.85 points.

Big weeks from Jamaal Charles (27.6 points), Dallas Clark (27.3), Donovan McNabb (27.25) and Adrian Peterson (27.2) led the way.

For finishing first last week, Bill wins a Ben Roethlisberger Autographed Pittsburgh Steelers Mini Helmet from Buzzserports.com. Buzzserports is shaking up the Sports Memorabilia Market one item at a time. Find the guaranteed best deals on Sports Memorabilia items at Buzzersports.com.

Congratulations again to Bill and good luck to everyone in the Primetime this week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich
Tom Kessenich

Postby Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:55 am

For many teams at this time of the season, one stud player can be the difference between a championship and falling short. Certainly Chris Johnson owners understand that and last week so did Brandon Marshall and Andre Johnson owners.

Bill Strickler wasn’t able to rely on one player for fantasy dominance last week. He needed a team effort. And in the NFFC’s Primetime event, no team did it better last week – and as a result Strickler is the front-runner in the chase for the $40,000 grand prize.

Big weeks from Jamaal Charles (27.6 points), Dallas Clark (27.3), Donovan McNabb (27.25) and Adrian Peterson (27.2) led the way as Strickler’s team won Week 14 with 213.85 points. His team is now in first place in the Primetime overall standings with only two weeks to play.

“It was a weird week for my team,” Strickler said. “I didn’t have Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson or Chris Johnson, but I did have nine out of 10 starters score at least 19 points. The Pittsburgh D was the only one to have an off week.”

Strickler’s success thus far in the Primetime was due in part to his Draft Day strategy and due in another to a major acquisition off the Waiver Wire during the season.

“My strategy going into the draft after selecting Peterson was to get two wideouts and getting Wes Welker and Vincent Jackson was a nice fit,” he said. “Along with Dallas Clark, McNabb and Jamaal Charles getting hot late, that gave me a good core of guys. And getting Miles Austin off the free-agent wire really helped.”

The 44-year-old Strickler is married and works as a research director for Sunshine Research.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich
Tom Kessenich

Postby Dave Clum » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:36 am

My family has learned one thing about me over the years.Daddy does not answer or talk on the phone.Well,I have met many fine people over the years in the NFFC/NFBC now my family can not believe it when I sit and talk on the phone like a pre-teen schoolgirl with one of my buddies from past and present leagues.Bill,is one of these fine people that I value as a friend.Great job this week .I still hope to catch you.But,you saw to it that the task will not be easy.
Dave Clum

Return to Primetime Discussion